Generally, there are no restrictions on foreign ownership of a company formed in the United States. The procedure for a foreign citizen to form a company in the US is the same as for a US resident. It is not necessary to be a US citizen or to have a green card to own a corporation or LLC.
Not without proper documentation. Being a director, as well as a shareholder, of a US corporation is allowed without a visa, but being an officer and performing your duties within the US is generally not allowed. Working for your corporation or LLC within the US without a valid work visa is not allowed and punishable with some significant fines and possible deportation.
You don’t need to be a US citizen to own a US business. You don’t even have to step foot in the US to own an LLC or corporation, but you’re not allowed to work without a valid visa. If you want to work for the business you own, you’ll need to obtain a visa.
Processing times vary by state. Usually you’re looking at between two days to two weeks depending on if you pay for expedited processing. It should be noted that processing times also change depending on how backed up the Secretary of State offices are.
No, you cannot use the registered agent’s address as your legal address or the mailing address of the company. The registered agent address (and service) is strictly for receipt of official documents. The legal address of your company has to be the real one (i.e. your home or office in your country or a mail forwarding service that authorizes you to use their address as yours). 
No you don’t. We can provide you with registered agent services. Our registered agent service allows you to incorporate or form a LLC in the US. However, in order to open a bank account or to obtain an EIN (Tax ID), you are going to need a US mailing address, though not necessarily in your state of formation.
If you form a LLC, yes. Instead of appointing an individual as a “managing member” you can appoint your own foreign company. If you chose to form a corporation, at the time of registration we only appoint “Directors” and they have to be individuals. Please note that Directors does not own a corporation. A corporation is owned by its shareholders, and from this point of view, your foreign company can own 100% of any US corporation.
It sure is possible! A foreign company that wishes to set up a US branch or subsidiary will want to create a business entity in the United States. We recommend either forming a corporation or an LLC because both entities offer excellent liability protection from any potential bankruptcies or lawsuits. Corporations and LLCs are formed by selecting a state in which to establish the business and to submit the required formation paperwork usually to an office known as the Secretary of State.
None. You just need to complete our form and  we will take care of the rest.
Your annual filing requirements will vary based on your business structure and the state. Corporations have the strictest annual requirements, as they have to hold initial and annual director and shareholder meetings, record their meeting minutes, adopt and maintain bylaws, issue stock to shareholders, and record all stock transfers. LLCs requirements are a lot less complicated. Most states require an annual report, though some only require filings every other year. The annual reports also come with fees, which vary by state, so prepare to pay up in order to remain compliant with state regulations. Also, if you’ve made any important structural changes to your company, maybe a change of address, number of shares, or ownership, you’ll want to report them with your annual report. Some states also hit LLCs and corporations with franchise taxes, excise taxes, and extra fees.
Your EIN, or more technically your Federal Tax Identification Number, consists of nine digits issued by the IRS. The IRS requires an EIN for any business that has employees, or is taxed as a C corporation, partnership or LLC. You’ll also need an EIN if you file employment taxes, excise taxes, or alcohol, tobacco, or firearm tax returns.
The IRS prefers that you submit your EIN application online, but you can also apply for one by phone, fax, or mail. Filing online is the fastest way, and in most cases you can receive your EIN immediately after completing the short application. This service is already included in all of our incorporation plans.